In order to defend myself properly and publicly, I've done a bit of research. Matt and I were debating the cost of vent versus air conditioning.
I refuse air conditioning to him regularly. Sometimes I do it to save money, sometimes just to make him mad--it is so effective.
Last night he put his window down and sent out his giant Gadget limbs to slow us down.
Two things waste gas: air conditioning AND windows all the way down. Another situation in which we are BOTH right (I hate these; I am competitive):
Meineke Car Car Center says, "Limit use of air conditioning. Air conditioning is a huge fuel waster. On cool mornings and evenings, do without. Keep in mind though, that driving with windows wide open creates enough drag to decrease gas mileage. Find a balance between the two."
Aha.
And now I will win a different argument: "Avoid long idles. Turn off the engine if you anticipate a lengthy wait. Instead of idling at a drive-up window, park the car and go in. Idling burns more gas than restarting the engine. Limit car warmups in winter." (These words are from the Environmental Protection Agency.)
I bring this up because it is also car-related. I rarely deal with automotive matters in this forum.
Matt always tells me that it's better just to leave the car running as he searches for his man-bag and his cell phone and his wallet and his miscellany.
Not so, dear friend, not so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
how much is gas in MN now?
Post a Comment