An hour after four procrastinators get together to eat dinner on the Romantic Holiday of Obligation and find that all female-fearing boyfriends called ahead, we end up at Psycho Suzi's where (surprise!) they have tables available.
Matt orders a ceramic panda full of booze and our conversation gets railroaded by acquaintances at neighboring tables. What are the odds?
Pretty good. We know a lot of lazy people.
Eventually we return to ourselves and soon we're fighting about whether he was addicted to Percocet and whether I work for the enemy. I make it uncomfortable enough for Brent and Maggie to stop eating. Somewhere around the words "Exaggeration Station," I believe.
We leave in cranky silence. My head is pounding. What did I even say? What did he say? Damn this fight amnesia! Wait, did he just call me ridiculous?!
Yell! Yell! Loudness!
The expectations are too high. I have to look nice AND be agreeable?! No. I cannot. Who can withstand the pressure?!!!!
At the end of the night, on the phone, I tell him I hate him. And he knows it's love.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That's not how I remember it. But your blog is hilarious! Thanks for the laughs, Kess!
Post a Comment