Monday, January 16, 2006

Take Two

Tonight I, for the second time, arrived at my destination without my left front hubcap. The damned thing.
The first time I did not document. I felt it was an isolated incident and nothing more of it. Except that I had to pull over with a car full of kids and say, "Please hold while I retrieve this totally non-essential piece of my car. You certainly are in good hands. And safe. So safe. I can't wait until we get to ______, all in one piece, in this fantastic vehicle. Rated Five Stars in Hubcap Loss Tests."
This time I was alone and kicking the icyslushmess off the tire crapshields* when I noticed. I retraced my steps looking carefully on both sides of the roads, ho-humming about what an inconvenience is a missing hubcap. I ended at a vacant parking lot and spun the car out in frustration. Suddenly, there she was-- covered in snow.
Whipping Shitties Saved My Car's Cosmetic Life.

*What are they even really called and why is that my favorite part of winter driving?

3 comments:

Dan said...

mudflaps

Anonymous said...

lovehandles.

Sriracha said...

TIRE LOVEHANDLES?
Anonymous, stop huffing the tailpipe.