Monday, April 24, 2006

For The Adamantly Un-religious

I have a church at which I am active. It does not mean I am better than you. [Ok, I am a little bit better just because I was a vegetarian for a little bit, a little bit ago. Don't ask me if I ate chicken. I did not. When you are a vegetarian, you don't eat chicken. But you may be surprised by how many people will ask. So many.] By mentioning my religious activity or affiliation when you ask me pointedly where I was this weekend, I am not attempting to sway your spiritual inclination this way or that.
I don't like swaying anyway because it reminds me of middle school spring concert choreography.
I just wanted you to know that I had a wonderful time talking about JESUS with a bunch of beautiful CHRISTIANS, including lots of CATHOLICS. And we prayed for your soul.

1 comment:

secret wombat said...

I AM adamantly un-religious. But this post, and the blog overall, are most entertaining. Nice work.

(The "but" above does not necessarily imply that I think religion and humour are mutually exclusive.)